Typical School Year: 1st Sunday following Labor Day weekend in September thru 2nd Sunday of June; closed during summer. This year, the Sunday School will be starting on September 10th, 2017 and concluding on June 3rd, 2018.
Timings: 10 AM thru 1:45 PM (including mandatory congregation Zuhr salaah) on Sundays.
Location: 2nd Floor of Muslim Community Center, 4380 N Elston Avenue, Chicago, IL 60641.
- Nazirah/Tajweed (reading of the Qur’an).
- Qur’an & Arabic Language (Surah & Du’a memorization along with meaning, and introductory Arabic Language)
- Seerah/History of the Prophets (with emphasis on Prophet Muhammad SAS), and other Islamic history (including history of Khulafa-e-Rashidun, Abbasids, Umayyads and Ottomans).
- Theology (Imaan, Ibadaat & Akhlaaq; i.e. Islamic beliefs and practices).
Grades: 1st thru 10th. A typical 1st grader is at least five years of age at the start of the school year, and a typical 10th grader is approximately 15 years of age at graduation.
Special Events during the School Year:
- Speech Contest.
- Qirat Competition.
- Seerat-un-Nabi Celebration.
- History Fair Competition
- End of the year Annual School Day (students’ recognition, Academic Achievement Awards and Graduation Ceremony).
- Annual School Picnic and Teachers’ Appreciation Event.
Staff Information: By the Grace of Allah (SWT), the school is run primarily by volunteers, many of whom are past students and parents of existing students. We encourage volunteerism; please contact the school for further information on volunteering opportunities.
Rules, Regulations and Expectations: Please refer to School Rules and Regulations for more information. The school firmly believes that the education of the student is a joint effort of the students, teachers AND parents.
Annual Fees: Including a $10 PTO fee, the following is the fee schedule:
- For the 1st child in the family: $180.
- For the 2nd child in the family: $160.
- For each additional child in the family: $140.
In addition to the above, all parents are required to be members of MCC; the annual MCC membership dues are $150 per family.
- Returning Students: Typically, returning students are re-registered for a given year before the end of the preceding school year.
- New Students: Please download and use the Enrollment Form.
- During School Hours: (773) 725 9048.
- Outside of School Hours: (773) 725 9047.
- Principals: Br. Omer Khan and Br. Kazim Mohammed
- Vice-Principal: Br. Saidab Patel
- Registrar: Br. Khaja Basheer Ahmed
- PTO Chairman: Br Mohammed Naveed Sarwar