FULL TIME Office/Building Coordinator Job Opening
Part time Office/Building Coordinator Position
The Muslim Community Center is looking for a Full Time need based Office/Building Coordinator position for its centers, MEC, Morton Grove and MCC, Elston facilities.
Interested candidates should email their application and a recent copy of resume by December 20 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The overall responsibility of the Office/Building Coordinator will be to run office/building operations in coordination with other Office Associates and building Chairs. The proposed responsibilities for the Office/Building Coordinator include but not limited to:
- Perform all the clerical and administrative responsibilities assigned by the executives on an as need basis. This also include coordinating, arranging and covering various programs at both centers, writing notes during executive or board meetings.
- Answer phone enquiries, complaints and transfer to respective people.
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases and communicating with various committees, departments, schools and councils of MCC organization.
- In coordination with other Office staff and MCC executives, maintain and regularly update all office databases and organizational documents – such as contact database, Board and staff rosters, bylaws and other items both online (Box) and in files.
- Maintain the office calendar, updating it with key events; weddings, funerals and ensuring that all the office staff is up to speed on office events.
- Create, manage and oversee office filing system – both electronically and hard copies.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping. Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Coordinate ordering office materials, documents and maintaining all office assets.
- Occasionally need to perform the Muslim call to prayer (Azan). Make sure azan is called on time and all the arrangements for prayers, Juma, Ramadan and other programs are in place.
- In coordination with building committees of both centers, make sure building is in good shape, clean and up to the codes.
- In coordination with building committees, make sure all the building repairs are performed in a timely fashion.
- Keep President and Secretary informed on any matter related to the organization. Help committees in completing their tasks. Directing all the administrative decisions towards the executives or committee Chairs.
- Help update the MCC website and publication of MCC newsletter. Call the advertisors for prompt payments.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office suite and eagerness to learn new software programs as needed. Good written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of High School Education, advanced degree preferred
- Ability to remain calm, patient and efficient during stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence and establish procedures.
- Accounting experience a plus.