Jahkil Jackson MCC Youth Event
March 24 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
About Jahkil Jackson:
Project I Am was created by 8-year-old Jahkil Naeem Jackson. Jahkil, now 11, has a heartfelt desire to help those in need. After helping his aunt distribute food to the Chicago homeless, he knew that he wanted to do more to make a difference.
It quickly became Jahkil’s mission to build awareness of homelessness and to help the homeless population by offering them what he calls “Blessing Bags,” a giveaway filled with wipes, socks, deodorant, hand sanitizer, granola bars, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bottled water, and more.
We will be having a short inspirational talk by Jahkil Jackson about his story, how he got started with his organization and what motivates him to do what he does. We will as a group contribute to his organization and his work by helping to stuff Blessing Bags. Blessing bags are kits created by Jahkil and passed out to homeless individuals in and around Chicago.
Event Day Itinerary:
• Jahkil Jackson Talk 3:00-3:20pm
• Question and Answer with the speaker 3:20-3:45pm
• Snack break 3:45-4:00pm
• Blessing Bag stuffing 4:00pm-5:00pm
Supply Drive Information – Items to be Collected:
• Wet wipes
• Granola bars or trail mix (single serve)
• Travel size vaseline
• Travel size hand sanitizer
• Toothbrush and toothpaste
• Face towels
• Pocket tissues
• Travel size shampoo and conditioner
• Mini bottled water
• Travel size lotion
• Travel size first aid kit
– Collection Box Location:
• Morton Grove: Outside the youth room
• Elston: Near the main office (by the bookstore)
– Other Details:
• Collection Drive will run from March 6th- March 22nd.