The Muslim Community Center is looking for a part-time (26 hours per week) multi task and flexible Muslim office Associate at our Elston facility location. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who can proactively identify needs, exhibit good judgment, manage deadlines and handle issues in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
The overall responsibility of the Office Associate is to run and lead all office operations, including, but not limited to, creating and enforcing office procedure and protocols, assist with inquiries and retaining records and organizing meetings. The proposed responsibilities for the Office Associate include but not limited to:
- Carry all clerical and administrative responsibilities and tasks assigned or asked by the MCC administration.
- Answer phone enquiries and transferring to calls to respective people.
- Handle people’s inquiries and complaints. Must be flexible with work schedule.
- Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
- Maintain and regularly update all office databases and organizational documents – such as contact database, Board and staff rosters, bylaws and other items both online and in files.
- Maintain the office calendar, updating it with key events; wedding and ensuring that other staff is up to speed on office events.
- Allocate available resources to enable successful task performance
- Co-ordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
- Create, manage and oversee office filing system – both electronically and hard copies.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Create office procedures and protocols as deemed necessary
- Coordinate ordering office materials, documents and maintaining all office assets.
- Occasionally the office associate will need to perform the Muslim call to prayer (Azan)
- Completion of Janazah and Nikah paperwork.
- Willing to work weekends.
- Proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite and eagerness to learn new software programs as needed
- Exceptional written, people friendly and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of High School Education, advanced degree preferred
- Ability to remain calm and efficient during stressful situations
- Listening, responding and speaking clearly, concisely and accurately and routine requests for assistance
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Data Entry, Scanning Files.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence and establish procedures
- Accounting experience a plus.