The Muslim Community Center is looking for a Full-Time (40 hours per week Rehab and Welfare Coordinator. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, who can proactively identify needs, exhibit good judgment, manage deadlines and handle issues in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
Rehab and Welfare Job Description:
- Liaison between Rehab and Welfare Committee and other Organizations MCC partners with.
- Maintain relationships with external vendors (various religious and ethnic backgrounds).
- Create, develop and implement Committee initiatives.
- Lead Zakat sessions every month.
- Field all the communications from the field to the committee heads.
- Create communication to Zakat recipients regarding approvals, denials and other events.
- Meet walk in Zakat recipients or by appointment outside of the monthly Zakat sessions.
- Manage mailbox and email inbox.
- Manage applicant documentation in salesforce.
- Creating Zakat awareness in the community (external and internal).
- Create articles through “The Message”.
- Complete special projects.
- Reports to Committee heads.
- Proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite and eagerness to learn new software programs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 5 years of comparable work experience in non-profit organizations with a focus in working with the under-represented populations.
- Ability to remain calm, friendly and efficient during stressful situations.
- Ability to work with various demographics on behalf of the Rehab and Welfare Committee.
- Ability to give lectures to internal and external organizations on behalf of the Rehab and Welfare Committee.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities with the willingness to learn new methods.
- Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and establish procedures
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter indicating how your past experience relates to this position along with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.